Heart Home Magazine New Designer 2014
UK Trade & Industry Delegate, British Embassy, Paris. April 2014

Thursday 22 October 2015

It was a Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair!

I have been in a whirl since packing up my stand at the 2015 Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, that took place at the Old Granada Studios earlier this month in Manchester.  As usual I met some lovely creative folks there -  I am always struck by the fact that these shows have the most positive and supportive vibes, and everyone is always so happy to see other designer's skills and craftsmanship.  It's such a tonic!

I've included images of my favourite stands, and in particular, ceramicist Jill Shaddock, who was one of our ex-students.  It was very good to see her there, exhibiting such high quality work.  Wishing her the very best with her future career (though she is well on her way already!).

Close-up of my stand

My new fabrics! 

Knit Me A Stitch ceramics

Anthony Wong - Liverpool based jewellery (these lovely people were next to me)




Hand-carved pendulum clocks - these were amazing!  I could have watched them tick all day!


White Light Ceramics - so delicate!

Richard Kennedy - beautiful hand turned wooden objects, based in Argyll

Sarah Waterhouse - beautiful hand screen printed textiles

Jill Shaddock



Kuku Big Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment